SIR INCEST: ENBP COMMUNITY WANTS DEPUTY PM STRIPPED OFF TITLES AND SACKED AFTER COMPLAINTS OF SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH HIS OWN LATE SISTERS DAUGHTERS
- THE VICTIMS ARE MR DION'S LATE SISTER'S DAUGHTERS
- VICTIMS ARE ORPHANS, PARENTS PASSED AWAY
- DION FORCED SISTERS INTO PERSISTENT INCEST RELATIONSHIP FOR 6 YEARS
- HE WOULD SWAP BETWEEN THE TWO SISTERS
- ACP ANTON BILLIE STALLED ALL INVESTIGATIONS
- BITABAKA LLG PRESIDENT AND RESIDENTS SIGNED PETITION TO INVESTIGATE
- LEO DION USED POLITICAL MUSCLE TO HALT ALL INVESTIGATIONS
- DION IS CONTESTING AS PNC CANDIDATE FOR ENBP REGIONAL SEAT
by MICHAEL PASSINGAN
The Deputy Prime Minister and East New Britain Regional Member, Hon Sir Leo Dion has a formal police complaint laid against him on allegations of incest, abuse of trust and persistent sex. The complaint was formally laid against him with the Sexual Offence Squad (SOS) in Kokopo, at the Kokopo Police Station on February 7, 2017.
However, he has not been formally arrested and charged. This is because the East New Britain Provincial Police Commander Joseph Tabali has allegedly refused to effect the arrest and formally charge him in accordance with the police protocol requirements involving prominent figures and leaders. Tabali has instead reprimanded the OIC SOS Kokopo, Sergeant Joe Bimaru for attempting to bring in Dion for questioning.
In the attached letter dated February 20, 2017, Joseph Tabali who was then acting East New Britain Provincial Police Commander, wrote to the Assistant Commissioner of Police for New Guinea Islands, Anton Billie seeking formal directive to bring in Dion for questioning and subsequent arrest and lay charges.
It is unclear as to why Mr Tabali changed his mind later after confirmation of his position as Provincial Police Commander, but he did appear on Radio East New Britain and explained that the matter was with the Commissioner. It is also unclear as to who Mr Tabali made reference to as Commissioner, either the ACP NGI, Anton Billie who the letter was addressed to or the Commissioner of Police, Gari Baki.
It is alleged that Dion has been persistently committing the crime for six (6) consecutive years between 2010 and September 2016 with his two nieces who are orphan daughters of his blood sister. He would call them into his room to make him cups of tea and massage him and then he would induce them and sexually abuse them. Sometimes he would take the older sister in his vehicle and commit the crime in the vehicle, away from his residence. This started when the nieces were at age 22 and 17. The two sisters became orphans after both their parents passed on and have found a home and protection under the care and trust of Dion.
After committing the offences he would give them money and tell them not to tell anyone because he was their uncle and would be in serious trouble if they revealed it to anyone.
The matter came to light when Dion’s wife became suspicious about the relationship and started questioning the two sisters.
Copies of the letter from then acting PPC were sent to all other four (4) East New Britain Members of Parliament including the Governor Herman Tobaining Jr and the Provincial Administrator.
In related matters, the people of Bitapaka LLG including the President of Bitapaka Cosmas Bauk and 21 LLG ward members, church clergies and village elders have petitioned the ACP NGI, Anton Billie in a letter recently regarding the betrayal of trust by the Deputy Prime Minister and ENB Regional Member Hon Leo Dion. They have opted not to address Dion with the title of Sir, arguing that his actions were demeaning to the title bestowed upon him by the Queen and thus makes a mockery of the purpose of the title demanded that Dion be arrested and prosecuted for incest.
In the petition the 50 leaders who signed the petition have called for a total of nine (9) actions to be taken:
1. Call on the Assistant Commissioner of Police Anthon Billie and the Provincial Police Commander Chief Superintendent Joseph Tabali to immediately arrest the Regional Member and Deputy Prime Minister Leo Dion.
2. Call for the current police investigators to complete the process of arrest and prosecution.
3. Call on the ACP Anthon Billie not to interfere with the investigations and also demand for ACP Billie to be replaced as ACP for New Guinea Islands because he has been in the province for too long and thus compromised his position.
4. Call on the ACP Anthon Billie to step down as he has not done anything for the last seven (7) years in his capacity as the ACP.
5. Call on the Prime Minister Hon Peter O’Neill to sack the Deputy Prime Minister.
6. Call on the Queen’s representative in the country and region to strip off all titles from the Deputy Prime Minister as it is a mockery to the prestigious awards of the Queen.
7. Call on the entire people of East New Britain and Papua New Guinea not to vote for people with incestuous characters who do not have respect for our daughters and mothers because starting with Bitapaka LLG, we will not vote him and we urge everyone in the province not to vote for him anymore.
8. Call on the Ombudsman Commission to give constitutional directives for the immediate arrest and referral for past crimes committed for our land group at Bitapaka by the Deputy Prime Minister.
9. Call on the police to also arrest those perpetrators who condone including the wives of the Deputy Prime Minister and family members who intentionally attack our daughters without reporting to the appropriate authorities.
It is unclear if any of the points in the petition have been addressed by the appropriate authorities but Dion, who is also re-contesting his East New Britain Regional Seat is yet to arrested and charged.
Below is the Text of the attached letter from the then a/PPC ENB, Joseph Tabali to the ACP NGI, Anthon Billie, dated 20th February 2017
SUBJECT: COMPLAINT OF INCEST/ABUSE OF TRUST/PERSISTENT SEX AGAINST DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA – SIR LEO DION
Refer to above captioned subject matter.
This complaint was laid formally on the 7th of February to the Sexual Offence Squad here at Kokopo Police Station in regards to the alleged sexual abuse/incest committed by the Deputy Prime Minister – Sir Leo Dion against two victims (his nieces) daughters of his blood sister.
It is alleged that several times the suspect (Sir Leo Dion) calls the victims to his room to do cup of tea for him and then massage him, the suspect induces them and sexually abused them. On two or more occasions the suspect, Sir Leo Dion used his private vehicle to commit the crime in it away from his residence. This involved the elder sister (victim) namely (named).
The crime committed between the year 2010 to September 2016, whilst the victims – the elder sister namely, (named) was 22 years old and the younger sister namely, (named) was 17 years old.
After the commission of offences, the suspect (Sir Leo Dion) gave money in cash and told them not to reveal what had happened because he is their uncle and he will be in serious trouble.
This matter was brought to light when the wife of the suspect (Sir Leo Dion) was suspicious about the relationship of the suspect and his nieces, and started questioning them (victims), they revealed everything.
I have studied the investigation file and there is sufficient evidence to lay criminal charges against Deputy Prime Minister – Sir Leo Dion for incest, abuse of trust and persistent sex.
The SOS Team, led by OIC sergeant Joe Bimaru had completed the investigation and will effect the arrest and formally charge the Deputy Prime Minister.
As a matter of protocol that involve a prominent figure/Leader of Papua New Guinea, the Office of Provincial Police Commander – East New Britain Province will facilitate the process to have the suspect report to the investigating team for ROI and formally charge the suspect Leo Dion.
I now await your directive on this matter.
For your attention and action, Sir.
J K TABALI QPM
Acting Provincial Police Commander
East New Britain Province
cc: Provincial Administrator – East New Britain Provincial Administration
cc: Governor of East New Britain Province – Honourable Herman ToBaining (Jnr) MP
cc: Minister for Works – Honourable Malakai Tabar MP
cc: Member for Rabaul – Honourable Dr. Allan Marat MP
cc: Member for Pomio – Honourable Elias Kapavore MP